What the Beat Writers are saying today:
- If you are wondering which Duck rookies to watch out for this year, here is a closer look at five players, as provided by Curtis Zupke of the Orange County Register.
- Not much of a surprise at today’s announcement, the B’s signed Claude Julien to a multi-year extension.
- It appears that Tuomo Ruutu is happy, both with his new contract and the makeup of the Hurricanes and it appears he expects big things.
- Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch is reporting that center Derick Brassard has signed a four-year contract extension.
- Steve Zipay of Bluenotes looks at the initial Rangers training camp list and see’s a big, bruiser on it.
- Over at the Ottawa Citizen, James Gordon provides readers with analysis and a predicited order of finish for the Northeast Division.
- Was it an elite Pens superstar like Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby or Malkin who scored goal number 10,000 for the Pittsburgh Penguins? Well if you thought it was any of the above, you would be wrong….
- Looks like Alex Ovechkin has a new ride, and it isn’t the slick racecar you’d be expecting writes Tarik El-Bashir of the Washington Post.