What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Wings like the way they’ve been playing and want to continue to pepper Jonas Hiller with a ton of shots. Will Hiller continue his tremendous play? It’s hard to believe he can sustain this quality of play, but he hasn’t done anything to make us think otherwise.
- The entire Bruins team was given a day off today. Interesting move by Julien to try and take the pressure off his squad.
- Matt Cullen continues to feel more comfortable on the ice after injuring his foot late in the season. He seems like he’s due for a big game one of these days.
- If you read anything into the Hawks’ morning skate, Joel Quenneville says you shouldn’t. The Hawks cannot possibly start poorly on home ice again.
- No Sami Salo tonight for Vancouver. They obviously miss his shot on the power play, but didn’t miss him in Game 3 as much as some thought.
- Sidney Crosby thinks the Penguins have generated more scoring chances than the Capitals. I think that that argument can be made.
Teams that are not in the playoffs:
- Adrian Dater speculates how much money the Avalanche lost this season. Maybe $20 million is a lot of cash.
- Don’t expect the Blue Jackets to buy Freddy Modin out of the final year of his contract. He’ll likely be injured for 2/3 of next season anyways…
- Looks like Jacques Lemaire will end up being a consultant for an Eastern Conference team. The Habs have to be in that discussion.
- The Senators have signed Erik Karlsson to an entry level deal. He is supposed to be very, very good.