What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Ducks aren’t happy with Tomas Holmstrom’s elbow on James Wisniewski. After watching the first three games, it is plain to see that these teams do not like each other.
- Don’t expect any lineup changes for the Bruins tonight. Changing the lineup after your first loss of the playoffs is probably the wrong message to send.
- Wings fans aren’t buying the “intent” argument. It is the rule, so might as well forget about it and move on to Game 4.
- Seth Rorabaugh does a great job taking an inside look at the Penguins’ four lines and the ice-time distribution between them. Very well done.
- Will Michael Nylander replace the injured Eric Fehr in the Capitals lineup tonight? Nylander has been benched for a while now, so it’d be an interesting move to throw him back in there on line number four–one that isn’t really counted on to create offense. Make no mistake, he’s no checker.
- Dustin Penner is the most underrated Edmonton Oilers player and should not be traded. If his salary wasn’t so high, we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation.