What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Paul Maurice knows the Hurricanes are in for a letdown tonight, he just wants to limit it to a minimum. What a job Maurice has done in his return.
- Here are the Blue Jackets’ lines for tonight’s game. Blue Jackets could be celebrating the team’s first ever playoff birth tonight.
- Are the Olympics going to be the difference between Mike Modano retiring or not? Mike Heika talked about just that on the IC Radio Show two weeks ago. You can listen to the interview here–click through to about the 40 minute mark.
- No Havelid or Elias tonight for the Devils. Don’t you get the feeling Elias has a pretty significant injury…
- Mark Streit returns tonight for the Islanders. If they were any good, he’d be in the Norris talk.
- John Tortorella is staying positive with his club. With the Habs losing Markov and Schneider, the Panthers and Rangers may both make it.
- No Donald Brashear tonight for Washington. He seems close.