I’ve been away the past few days, but I’m back with the regular On the Beat and the Morning Papers tomorrow.
For now, here’s what beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Here is the lineup the Bruins expect to roll out for tonight’s game in Montreal. Bitz, while not the player Lucic is, brings many of the same qualities.
- Predictions on tonight’s Flames/Hawks games from the Calgary Herald writers. I’ve got the Flames winning 4-1.
- Here are Calgary’s lines for tonight’s game. At least until the first three shifts.
- Antoine Vermette has replaced Manny Malhotra on the number one line in Columbus. Malhortra just doesn’t have the offensive game to be a top-two line centerman.
- Some numbers on the Ducks/Sharks series after Anaheim took a 2-0 lead last night. San Jose still has a shot but only if their best players show up at John Wayne Airport…
- No word yet on who is starting between the pipes for the Habs. I suspect Halak, but we’ll see in due time.
- Some quotes from Rangers coach John Tortorella heading into Game 3. That first period tonight should be a real doozy.
- With the Blues down 3-0, Andy Murray is changing things up. This playoffs has been a great learning experience for the young Blues, but they are done
- Bruce Bourdeau on tonight’s game. The critics will be after Boudreau if his team loses tonight.
- John Tavares the third best prospect in the NHL draft? Not buying this.
- There has been lots of reflecting after a lost season in Buffalo. That team was far too talented to miss the playoff.