What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Dallas lines without an injured Brad Richards. What about the power play? Word has it Richards will be out 6-8 weeks. Big loss for the Stars, but the turnaround they’ve completed should be attributed to improved defensive play.
- Seth Rorabaugh recaps Michel Therrien’s tenure in Pittsburgh. Well written.
- Anybody want to drink some cranberry juice? Sick.
- Flames and Canucks play a big game tonight. Don’t you feel like Iginla is about to breakout?
- Tim Gleason (hand) will miss tonight’s game versus Boston. Glen Wesley night in Carolina.
- Martin Brodeur still appears to be on pace to start February 26 against Colorado. Best team in the Eastern Conference right now?
- Rostislav Olesz (sports hernia) is back skating for the Panthers. The team needs scoring, so that’s a good thing.
- Ville Koistinen will return to the lineup tomorrow against Detroit. He’s been a healthy scratch as of late.
- Viktor Kozlov is expected to be out tomorrow night. Still not back yet.