What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Bruins winger Marco Sturm is “very doubtful” to play against Buffalo tonight. The Bruins will miss his speed against the fast-skating Sabres.
- Steve Mason is slated to get the start for the Blue Jackets on Saturday. Isn’t it only Wednesday? Kidding aside, this is no surprise considering the play of Pascal Leclaire on Tuesday versus Edmonton.
- The Stars will be without Jere Lehtinen for the next 7-10 days with an “upper-body” injury. This guy just cannot catch a break. His absence from the Stars’ line-up hasn’t garnered the attention it so deserves.
- Wild defenseman Tomas Mojzis cleared waivers. The Wild has enough depth on defense to play Brent Burns at forward, so expect Mojzis to get comfortable in Houston unless there is an injury.
- Here are the Kings lines from practice today. Top line reunion.
- It looks like the Blues are going to reunite Kariya-Tkachuk-Boyes for Friday’s game. With the injury to Andy McDonald, this should become the Blues’ go to line.
- Alexander Semin, Sergei Fedorov and Shaone Morrisonn are all out for the Capitals tonight at Anaheim. Maybe this will push the Capitals to play more defensively? Probably not.