Here are the Pacific Division morning papers:
- Mark Whicker of the Orange County Register wonders which Ducks team will show up for the playoffs.
- “I think confidence is an attitude you have. We’ve had it at times, but right now we don’t, and it’s going to take more than just one game to get it back,” said Stars captain Brenden Morrow about his team’s recent struggles.
**There are no San Jose Sharks, Los Angeles Kings or Phoenix Coyotes articles this morning**
Here are the Central Division morning papers:
- Red Wings coach Mike Babcock calls his team the best team he’s ever coached. With such a big lead in the Western Conference, the Wings are going to make sure they get the necessary rest prior to the playoffs.
- The Predators have been happy with the consistency of their top two scorers, writes John Glennon.
- The Blues found a way to lose yesterday, writes Jeremy Rutherford.
- The Blue Jackets specialty teams have been below par, writes Tom Reed.
- With Sunday afternoon’s come-from-behind win in overtime, the Blackhawks have moved to within four points of the eighth and final Western Conference playoff spot. After yesterday’s game, Hawks coach Denis Savard had a few choice words for the Blues.
Here are the Northwest Division morning papers:
- Wild GM Doug Risebrough says the team will really miss Kurtis Foster. With his poor play as of late, Mark Parrish has been relegated to press box duty.
- The Flames got a day off yesterday in preparation for their big tilt tonight versus the Avalanche. If Kristian Huselius does not get his game together, the Flames could have a quick exit from the playoffs, writes Eric Francis.
- “You just never know. That’s what makes it exciting, because the options are limitless. That’s why you keep pecking away,” said Oilers coach Craig MacTavish about his team’s playoff chances. Meanwhile, John MacKinnon tells readers that Joni Pitkanen is not afraid to jump into the play and take a risk.
- Kevin Bieksa is still trying to find his pre-injury form, writes Ben Kuzma. The Canucks were given the weekend off from the rink, in order to be rested for the last games of the regular season.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post tells you five things that are currently wrong with the Avalanche.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Richard Pollock.
Email any thoughts, ideas or suggestions to email@example.com