- The Flames signed defenseman Staffan Kronwall yesterday, writes Ian Busby.
- The Hurricanes added some size on Tuesday with the signing of winger Tom Kostopolous to a three-year contract.
- Rick Nash says that his decision to sign a long-term deal in Columbus was a very easy one.
- Marc Methot’s agent thinks he will get his client signed with the Blue Jackets prior to arbitration.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News thinks Sergei Zubov’s days in Dallas are likely over.
- The Predators signed Ben Guite yesterday, but may lose forward Antti Pihlstrom because he wants a one-way contract and the team won’t budge.
- Free agent Ian Lapperriere says he signed in Philadelphia because winning is everything.
Dale Tallon Firing
- Eric Duhatschek of the Globe & Mail thinks Dale Tallon’s firing was unwarranted.
- Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz says he is looking forward to having a younger person in the team’s GM seat.
- Chicago Tribune columnist Rick Morrissey still doesn’t understand why the Hawks fired Dale Tallon.
- Blackhawks President John McDonough said if not for the qualifying offers issue, Dale Tallon would probably not have been fired.
- Tim Sassone says that the new Blackhawks only tell the fans and media what they want them to hear.
- Thrashers GM Don Waddell has high hopes for prospect Riley Holzapfel.
- The Red Wings evaluate players at their development based on performance and production not based on where the player was drafted, writes George Sipple.
- Islanders prospect Matt Martin is seeking far more money than his draft slot would generally warrant.
- Coyotes GM Don Maloney says team prospect Brett MacLean was the team’s best player at the development camp.
- If you remember Brent Ashton, then reading about Carter Ashton’s progress with the Tampa Bay Lightning may make you feel old.
- Speaking of sons of former NHLers, Anton Gustafsson has been one of the better players at Capitals development camp.
- Daniel Alfredsson is pretty baffled by Dany Heatley’s trade request, as he says it was certainly unexpected. With this news breaking, Chris Stevenson wonders how close Dany Heatley is to any of his current Senators teammates?
- Terry Frei of the Denver Post reminds us of Chris Drury’s old little league baseball days.
- John MacLean feels his choice to head coach Lowell of the AHL will be a good one for his future head coaching prospects.
- Arthur Staple of Newsday gives Rangers GM Glen Sather credit for cleaning up his own mess.
- A documentary about Wayne Gretzky’s WHA days is currently showing in Phoenix.
- Here’s the latest on the Coyotes’ sale issues.
- Sidney Crosby has no part in a MySpace effort to raise money under his name.
- The fact Len Barrie is selling part of his British Columbia resort does not mean his ownership stake in the Lightning is at risk.
- Jim Jamieson of the Vancouver Province expects Scott Arniel to be coaching in the NHL sooner rather than later.
**Be sure to tune into the IllegalCurve.com Radio Show tonight from 7pm to 9pm Central time. Tonight’s guests include Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times and Greg Wyshynski of Yahoo! Sports.*