Here are the morning papers for Tuesday the 19th of August:
- Marc Crawford has put all the blame on Todd Bertuzzi’s shoulders, writes Erik Duhatschek of the Globe & Mail.
- Contrary to a report in Sweden, the Bruins do not expect Carl Soderberg to attend the team’s training camp, explains Kevin Paul Dupont.
- The Penguins’ new arena will result in many local benefits for the people living in the Hill District first and foremost.
- The Avalanche open training camp on September 19.
- The Edmonton Journal is wondering whether Mike Comrie got engaged to Hillary Duff?
- If Marian Gaborik does not sign a contract extension with the Wild, assistant GM Tom Lynn admits that the team will have to consider a trade. While a trade may eventually become an option, Gaborik’s agent believes it sure was a smart move for team management to fly over to Slovakia and speak with Gaborik himself.
- The Red Wings have unveiled a couple new ticket plans for the upcoming season to try and better accomodate their fans.
- As John Glennon of the Tennessean tells us, the NHL and KHL may no longer be meeting on September 4, and that cannot be good for any hopes of a possible resolution.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Richard Pollock.