Here are the morning papers for Tuesday the 12th of August:
- The Avalanche have signed their second round picks from 2005 and 2006, Tom Fritsche and Nigel Williams.
- Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News lists the top 10 trades in Texas sports history that were tough to take.
- Craig Leipold is like any other guy, he just owns the Minnesota Wild too, writes Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- In Philadelphia, the Flyers have replaced Brian Propp on the team’s radio broadcasts with Chris Therien.
- The Blackhawks have seen their ticket sales increase a whopping 300% from this time last year, writes Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune.
- As Terry Frei tells us, Joe Sakic is hoping to make a decision on whether he will return to the Avalanche or not within the next few weeks.
- Mats Sundin is expected to make his decision on a return sometime in August.
For Illegal Curve, I’m Richard Pollock.