I am still not feeling well, so I am going to post the articles of interest this morning then head back to sleep.
Here is an abbreviated addition of the morning papers for Sunday the 8th of February:
- Mike O’Connell doesn’t regret his Joe Thornton trade. He can not regret trading Thornton but he sure has to regret the return he got for the big center.
- Bucky Gleason of the Buffalo News advises Darcy Regeir to not be overly active before the trade deadline. He makes good points throughout the article.
- Do other Senators players feel the same as Mike Commodore does about Bryan Murray? It isn’t Murray’s year.
- Derek Boogaard defends fighting to Michael Russo of the Star Tribune. The NHL isn’t getting rid of fighting anytime soon.
- Martin Brodeur is expected to return to Devils practice next week. Watch out Eastern Conference.
- Tom Renney doesn’t feel like the Rangers have stopped listening to him. I guess the question has become: Will he last the season?
- Larry Brooks lists a bunch of players who are available for trade. Some names include: Niedermayer, Pronger, Horton and Bouwmeester.
- Bruce Garrioch reports that the Panthers may not trade Jay Bouwmeester but that there is likely no chance he returns to South Florida next season. I agree. Bouwmeester is done in Florida, whether it is before the deadline or in the summer.
- Pavel Kubina would be willing to waive his no-trade clause. He will probably get dealt.
- Jim Matheson’s Hockey World. Lots of rumors from Matheson today.