- Thrashers prospect Carl Klingberg is hoping to be in the NHL within the next two years, writes Chris Vivlamore.
- Wings prospect Julien Cayer is happy to be at development camp this year after missing the camp last season due to a hip problem.
- The Kings brass has been very impressed with Brayden Schenn’s work ethic at the team’s development camp.
- The Predators organization is very excited about having the versatile Nick Spaling coming through the system.
- You know expectations for John Tavares are high when Greg Logan of Newsday tells us that Tavares was -2 at yesterday’s development camp scrimmage.
- Flyers prospect James Van Riemsdyk says the biggest adjustment from college to the pros is positioning.
- Tampa Bay prospect Jaroslav Janus has loads of potential but he may get caught behind the Lightning’s two other prospect netminders.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post says that the 2009/10 season may be a long one for the Avalanche but that it couldn’t get much worse than last season.
- Rich Hammond of the L.A. Daily News explains the reasoning behind the Kings’ signing of Rob Scuderi and acquisition of Ryan Smyth.
- Penguins fans are already paranoid about not having a shutdown defense combination for next season.
- Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star provides readers with a program for today’s Coyotes hearing.
- Ed Willes of the Vancouver Province realizes the Canucks probably have some needs at defense or forward, but feels like the best teams fill their needs internally.