Alright, after a week away from the site, I’m back. Before starting, I’d like to thank David for doing a great job with the morning papers this past week.
- Matt Duchene does not mind being compared to John Tavares.
- It’s always nice to read about David Carle and what he’s been doing since having his career ended far too early by a heart condition.
- The Blues are heading into the draft/off-season with the belief that Chris Mason is the team’s clear number one netminder.
Free Agent Rumors
- Signing Martin Havlat to anything but a one-year deal won’t be easy for the Hawks.
- The Penguins were helped by many people when it came to winning this year’s Cup.
- If only the Wings had won the Cup, then this shirt would have been a big seller.
- Hiring Brent Sutter to coach the Flames would be a good call for Darryl Sutter, writes Allan Maki.
- In Florida, BIll Torrey is searching for a permanent GM but for now, here is a an interesting interview between interim GM Randy Sexton and Craig Custance of The Sporting News.
- It may be summer, but hockey is still on the minds of all Canadians, writes Garth Woolsey.
- As David linked yesterday, Mats Sundin has decided he will not suit up for Sweden at the Olympics in 2010.
- The Solidarity Fund of the Quebec Federation of Labour is part of the purchase of the Montreal Canadiens.
- The reaction out of Montreal regarding the Molson’s purchase of the Habs is quite popular.
- As Jeff Blair said, the Habs fans owe George Gillett.
- Who the heck are the Islanders going to select?