Some news and notes from the Blogs today:
- The Fifth Feather: Frontloading and the men who love it. A very good article (a bit law, but very good nonetheless). If you have any interest in Long Term Contracts and what may or may not happen when the NHL goes back to the bargaining table you should read this.
- A College Perspective: Is it October yet? A retrospective of the top 5 Blackhawk fights from 2008/09. I don’t think any goalie was abused in the playoffs as Roberto was. Great fight. Even better reference to Flavour of Love by Jeff.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Top ten Joe’s in hockey history. Very cool article. One because I grew up loving G.I. Joe and two because the nicknames are all very cool and very on point.
- From the Rink: Weighing opposition to the Lighthouse Project. Interesting points made. Read the comments section. Always nice to get some local, informed perspective.
- Raw Charge: Are Alex Tanguay and Tampa Bay mutually interested parties? Amazing how much can change in a month. From no to maybe. He’s talented. But I can’t see the Lightning forking over $5 million for one season.
- Die by the Blade: Darcy Regier still has some work to do. The usually tight lipped GM of the Sabres opens up.
- On Frozen Blog: Video of Bruce Bruce Boudreau talking about Sidney Crosby and his “love” of the two teams in Pennsylvania. Pretty candid talk. Not sure I know what he means when he says “you can blow Sidney Crosby” (ok I do, but he did say it).
- Lions in Winter: Pollockisms on how to run the Canadiens, for those listening. While IC’s editor Richard Pollock had nothing to do with these Pollockisms (although he will now be subjected to this phrase), this is some sage advice that has stood the test of time from Sam Pollock.
- T.O. Sports: Judge Redfield Baum giving NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman the one-finger salute? Just when you thought this story was over, it rears its ugly head.