When: Saturday, March 8, 2014
Time: 2:00 p.m. CST
Where: MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Records: Winnipeg Jets (30-27-7, 10th in the Western Conference), Ottawa Senators (27-25-11, 12th in the Eastern Conference)
Television/Radio: CBC, TVA/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Monday, March 10th on the road against the Colorado Avalanche (8:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 3-1 loss home loss to the Los Angeles Kings
Winnipeg Jets: Blake Wheeler (23 goals, 27 assists, 50 points), Bryan Little (19 goals, 30 assists, 49 points), Andrew Ladd (17 goals, 28 assists, 45 points), Dustin Byfuglien (13 goals, 31 assists, 44 points), Olli Jokinen (15 goals, 20 assists, 35 points)
Ottawa Senators: Erik Karlsson (17 goals, 40 assists, 57 points), Jason Spezza (16 goals, 31 assists, 47 points), Kyle Turris (20 goals, 25 assists, 45 points), Clarke MacArthur (19 goals, 25 assists, 44 points), Bobby Ryan (22 goals, 22 assists, 44 points)
Game Day Notes:
– Heading into this afternoon’s game, the Jets sit in 10th place in the Western Conference, three points behind the Dallas Stars for the 8th and final playoff spot. The Jets have played one more game than the Stars.
– The Senators lost their last game 4-1 to the Calgary Flames on Wednesday. Los Angeles is 4-5-1 over their last 10 games.
– After tonight’s game, the Jets play five of their next seven games at home.
-The Senators average 12.6 penalty minutes/game which ranks 25th in the NHL. The Jets average 12.0 penalty minutes/game which is 24th in the NHL.
– Who’s Hot: Senators forward Jason Spezza has two goals and eight assists in his last 10 games. Jets forward Andrew Ladd has four goals over his last five games.
– Today marks Paul Maurice‘s 18th game as Head Coach of the Jets. Winnipeg is 11-4-2 under Maurice so far.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Ottawa has the 16th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (18.3%) and the 24th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (80.1%)
– Winnipeg has the 27th Ranked Power Play in the NHL (14.2%) and the 4th Ranked Penalty Kill in the NHL (84.5%)
– Ondrej Pavelec (20-23-5, 2.91 GAA, .905 Save Percentage)
– Craig Anderson (20-14-8, 3.08 GAA, .907 Save Percentage)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane- Olli Jokinen-Devon Setoguchi
Matt Halischuk-Michael Frolik-Dustin Byfuglien
Eric Tangradi- Jim Slater-Anthony Peluso
Zach Bogosian – Tobias Enstrom
Mark Stuart – Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy – Keaton Ellerby
Healthy Scratches: Paul Postma
Projected Ottawa Senators Line Combinations:
Milan Michalek- Jason Spezza- Ales Hemsky
Mike Hoffman- Kyle Turris-Bobby Ryan
Colin Greening- Zack Smith- Chris Neil
Matt Kassian – Mika Zibanejad- Erik Condra
Marc Methot- Erik Karlsson
Chris Phillips- Cody Ceci
Patrick Wiercioch- Eric Gryba
Ottawa Senators: Clarke MacArthur (hand)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back, out for season), James Wright (ankle), Mark Scheifele (knee), Chris Thorburn (upper body)