When: Thursday, January 29, 2015
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Records: Winnipeg Jets (26-15-8, 60 points, 5th in West), Philadelphia Flyers (20-22-7, 47 points, 12th in East)
Television/Radio: TSN3, CS-PH/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Saturday, January 31st at home against the Dallas Stars (6:00 p.m. CST)
Last Game: 5-3 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins
Winnipeg Jets: Andrew Ladd (17 goals, 23 assists, 40 points), Bryan Little (18 goals, 20 assists, 38 points), Blake Wheeler (13 goals, 23 assists, 36 points), Dustin Byfuglien (12 goals, 20 assists, 32 points), Mathieu Perreault (15 goals, 14 assists, 29 points)
Philadelphia Flyers: Jakub Voracek (17 goals, 40 assists, 57 points), Claude Giroux (16 goals, 36 assists, 52 points), Mark Streit (7 goals, 28 assists, 35 points), Wayne Simmonds (17 goals, 12 assists, 29 points), Brayden Schenn (10 goals, 19 assists, 29 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Jets are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games.
– Jets Road Record: 14-6-5 (33 points, 1st in NHL)
– The Jets are 19-6-5 this season when they score the first goal of a game.
– The Jets have scored 32 goals in the last eight games.
– Philadelphia has won three of their last four games and are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games.
– This is the second of two meetings between the Jets and Flyers this year. Philadelphia defeated the Jets in Winnipeg 4-3 in overtime back on December 21st.
– As per Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Steve Mason is expected to start in net for the Flyers tonight. In 30 games this season, Mason has a record of 9-12-6 with a 2.41 Goals Against Average and .921 Save Percentage. It will be Mason’s first start since January 10.
– From Sam Carchidi: In the last 15 games, the Flyers have been outscored in the opening period, 17-6, and have allowed the first goal 12 times.
– Michael Hutchinson will start in net for the Jets tonight. In 21 games this season, Hutchinson is 14-4-2 with a .935 Save Percentage and a 1.90 Goals Against Average.
– According to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News, Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen is getting closer to returning to playing hockey. Timonen has not played a single game this year since being diagnosed with multiple blood clots in the summer. Timonen, 39, has played in 1,092 regular season games and has spent the last seven years with Philadelphia.
– Prior to the game tonight, the Jets placed forward TJ Galiardi on waivers. It is the second time this season that the Jets have placed Galiardi on waivers. Galiardi has one goal in 26 games this season.
– Jets defenseman Mark Stuart (lower body) will play tonight. Stuart has missed the last two Jets games. Stuart will play alongside Trouba on the team’s third defense pairing. Jay Harrison will be a healthy scratch tonight.
– Red Hot: Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien has three goals and seven assists in the last 8 games.
– Also Red Hot: Jets forward Chris Thorburn has three goals and an assist in the last four games.
– The Flyers average 2.69 goals for/game, 17th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.74 goals for/game, 14th in the NHL.
– The Flyers average 2.94 goals against/game, 24th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.41 goals against/game, 6th in the NHL.
– Defenseman Mark Streit leads all Flyers in ice time, averaging 22:20 of ice time per game.
– Flyers Top Face-Off Guy: Claude Giroux (55.5%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (56.3%)
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Philadelphia PP (23.4%, 5th in NHL), Philadelphia PK (74.6%, 28th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (17.2%, 20th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (83.0%, 11th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Blake Wheeler
Mathieu Perreault- Mark Scheifele- Michael Frolik
Evander Kane- Adam Lowry-Chris Thorburn
Matt Halischuk- Jim Slater- Anthony Peluso
Dustin Byfuglien- Ben Chiarot
Tobias Enstrom- Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Healthy Scratches: Adam Pardy, Paul Postma
Projected Philadelphia Flyers Line Combinations:
Brayden Schenn- Claude Giroux- Jakub Voracek
Matt Read- Sean Couturier- R.J. Umberger
Petr Straka- Ryan White – Wayne Simmonds
Chris VandeVelde- Pierre-Edouard Bellemare- Vincent Lecavalier
Nick Schultz-Mark Streit
Michael Del Zotto- Luke Schenn
Carlo Colaiacovo- Andrew MacDonald
Philadelphia Flyers: Michael Raffl (illness), Zac Rinaldo (suspension), Scott Laughton (suspected concussion), Braydon Coburn (foot), Nicklas Grossmann (upper body), Kimmo Timonen (leg)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back surgery, indefinitely)