When: Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Time: 7:00 p.m. CST
Where: Scottrade Center, St.Louis, Missouri
Records: Winnipeg Jets (41-26-12, 94 points, 8th in West), St.Louis Blues (49-23-7, 105 points, 2nd in West)
Television/Radio: FSN, TSN3/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Thursday, April 9th on the road against the Colorado Avalanche (8:00 p.m. CST)
Last Game: 2-0 win over the Minnesota Wild
Winnipeg Jets: Andrew Ladd (24 goals, 38 assists, 62 points), Blake Wheeler (26 goals, 35 assists, 61 points), Bryan Little (24 goals, 28 assists, 52 points), Mark Scheifele (15 goals, 33 assists, 48 points), Dustin Byfuglien (18 goals, 27 assists, 45 points)
St.Louis Blues: Vladimir Tarasenko (36 goals, 35 assists, 71 points), Alexander Steen (24 goals, 38 assists, 62 points), Jaden Schwartz (28 goals, 34 assists, 62 points), David Backes (26 goals, 31 assists, 57 points), TJ Oshie (19 goals, 36 assists, 55 points)
Game Day Notes:
– Tonight is the second game of a three game road trip for Winnipeg. The Jets only have three games remaining in the regular season and are currently in 7th place in the Western Conference with the first Wildcard spot, one point ahead of the Los Angeles Kings who hold down the second Wildcard spot.
– The Jets are 7-3-0 in their last ten games.
– Jets Season Road Record: 19-13-7
– The Jets have a record of 15-8-4 against teams in the Central Division this year
– The Jets have a record of 29-2-6 when leading after two periods.
– The Jets have a record of 1-20-4 when trailing after two periods.
– The Jets have a record of 24-14-6 when they outshoot their opponent.
– The Jets have scored 10 shorthanded goals this year (1st in NHL)
– St.Louis’ Season Home Record: 25-11-2
– The Blues won their last game 2-1 over the Chicago Blackhawks and are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games.
– The Blues have the third most wins (49) in the NHL.
– The Blues are undefeated in the month of April (3-0-0)
– The Blues are 21-4-1 when leading after two periods.
– David Backes leads the Blues with 10 Power Play goals.
– Vladimir Tarasenko leads the Blues with six Game-Winning goals.
– This is the fifth and final of meeting of the season between the Jets and Blues. The Blues have won three of the four games with the Jets this year.
– The Blues are 8-0-2 against the Jets since they moved from Atlanta. Jets have never won at Scottrade Center (0-5).
– Ondrej Pavelec will start in goal for the Jets tonight. It will be Pavelec’s 11th start in the last 13 games. In 48 games this season, Pavelec has a record of 21-16-7 with a .917 save percentage, three shutouts and 2.39 Goals Against Average.
– Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien will not play tonight as he will be serving the third game of a four game suspension that was handed to him by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety. Byfuglien was suspended for cross-checking Rangers forward J.T. Miller in the back of head during a game last week.
– Jets defenseman Tobias Enstrom will miss his second consecutive game tonight and is officially listed as day-to-day.
– Jake Allen is expected to start in goal for the Blues tonight. In 35 games with the Blues this season, Allen has a record of 21-6-4 with a 2.36 goals against average, four shutouts and .910 save percentage.
– According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St.Louis Post Dispatch, Vladimir Tarasenko (lower body) will not play for the Blues tonight. Tarasenko has missed the last three games and may not be ready to return until the playoffs.
– According to Rutherford, Alexander Steen will not play tonight. Steen has been out of the line-up with a lower-body injury suffered during a 4-2 loss to Columbus on March 28.
– Red Hot For the Jets: Mark Scheifele has four goals and five assists in the last 10 games.
– Red Hot for the Blues: Jaden Schwartz has four goals and three assists in his last five games.
– The Blues average 2.95 goals for/game, 5th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.75 goals for/game, 15th in the NHL.
– The Blues average 2.44 goals against/game, 9th in the NHL. The Jets average 2.57 goals against/game, 13th in the NHL.
– Defenseman Tyler Myers leads all Jets in ice time, averaging 24:34 of ice time per game.
– Defenseman Alex Pieterangelo leads all Blues in ice time, averaging 25:21 of ice time per game.
– Blues Top Face-off Guy: Paul Stastny (58.3%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (59.1%)
Special Teams Breakdown:
– St.Louis PP (22.3%, 4th in NHL), St.Louis PK (83.4%, 9th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (18.6%, 15th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (81.3%, 13th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Michael Frolik
Blake Wheeler- Mark Scheifele- Drew Stafford
Mathieu Perreault- Adam Lowry- Lee Stempniak
Jiri Tlusty- Jim Slater- Chris Thorburn
Ben Chiarot- Tyler Myers
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy- Jay Harrison
Healthy Scratches: TJ Galiardi, Anthony Peluso, Eric O’Dell, Matt Halischuk
Projected St.Louis Blues Line Combinations:
Jaden Schwartz- Paul Stastny- T.J. Oshie
Dmitrij Jaskin- David Backes- Patrik Berglund
Olli Jokinen- Jori Lehtera- Ty Rattie
Steve Ott- Marcel Goc- Ryan Reaves
Kevin Shattenkirk- Alex Pieterangelo
Jay Bouwmeester- Zbynek Michalek
Barret Jackman- Carl Gunnarsson
St.Louis Blues:Vladimir Tarasenko (lower body), Robert Bortuzzo (upper body), Alexander Steen (lower body)
Winnipeg Jets: Grant Clitsome (back surgery, indefinitely), Paul Postma (upper body), Tobias Enstrom (day-to-day)