When: Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CST
Where: Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio
Records: Winnipeg Jets (10-9-3, 23 points, 9th in West), Columbus Blue Jackets (6-12-2, 14 points, 15th in East)
Television/Radio: FS-O, TSN3/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Wednesday, November 26th on the road against the Buffalo Sabres (6:00 p.m. CST).
Last Game: 4-2 loss to the St.Louis Blues
Winnipeg Jets: Blake Wheeler (8 goals, 6 assists, 14 points), Andrew Ladd (7 goals, 6 assists, 13 points), Bryan Little (6 goals, 6 assists, 12 points), Tobias Enstrom (1 goals, 8 assists, 9 points), Michael Frolik (4 goals, 5 assists, 9 points)
Columbus Blue Jackets: Ryan Johansen (7 goals, 16 assists, 23 points), Nick Foligno (10 goals, 10 assists, 20 points), Scott Hartnell (5 goals, 9 assists, 14 points), Cam Atkinson (7 goals, 3 assists, 10 points), James Wisniewski (2 goals, 7 assists, 9 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Jets have lost two games in a row and have a record of 4-4-2 over their last 10 games.
– The Jets have a record of 5-0-2 against teams in the Metropolitan Division this year.
– This is the first of two meetings between the Jets and Blue Jackets this year. The two teams will meet again on Wednesday, January 21st in Winnipeg.
– Prior to Tuesday night’s game, the Jets placed forward TJ Galiardi on waivers. Galiardi has no points in 17 games with the Jets.
– According to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press, Tobias Enstrom will not play for the Jets tonight (lower body). Grant Clitsome will replace Enstrom in the line-up.
– Milestone: Columbus defenseman James Wisniewski is expected to play in his 500th career game tonight.
– According to BlueJackets.com, Columbus has lost 136 man games due to injury so far this season.
– According to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press, Michael Hutchinson will start in net for the Jets today. Hutchinson has a record of 3-1-1 with a .948 Save Percentage and 1.38 Goals Against Average.
– Sergei Bobrovsky is expected to get the start in goal for the Blue Jackets tonight. In 12 games for the Blue Jackets this season, Bobrovsky has a record of 5-6-1 with a 2.95 Goals Against Average and .911 Save Percentage.
– Surging: Jets forward Michael Frolik has two goals and two assists in his last four games.
– Slumping: Jets defenseman Tobias Enstrom has no points in his last seven games.
– Enstrom leads all Jets in ice time, averaging 25:07 of ice time per game, ranked 12th in the NHL.
– Defenseman Jack Johnson leads all Blue Jackets in ice time, averaging 23:47 of ice time per game, ranked 8th in the NHL.
– Blue Jackets Top Face-off Guy: Ryan Johansen (50.5%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (56.7%)
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Columbus: Ryan Johansen. After a lengthy contract dispute that was resolved just before the season started, Johansen has been the team’s offensive leader. Johansen leads the team with 23 points, including six multi-point games.
– Who’s Under the Microscope for Winnipeg: Michael Hutchinson. Hutchinson has been excellent for the Jets this season and has not allowed more than one goal in a game since allowing three goals in his first start of the season on October 12th against the Los Angeles Kings.
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Columbus PP (23.4%, 5th in NHL), Columbus PK (8.4%, 29th in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (8.6%, 29th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (84.5%, 8th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane- Mathieu Perreault- Dustin Byfuglien
Adam Lowry- Mark Scheifele -Michael Frolik
Matt Halischuk- Jim Slater- Chris Thorburn
Grant Clitsome- Zach Bogosian
Mark Stuart- Jacob Trouba
Adam Pardy- Paul Postma
Healthy Scratches: Anthony Peluso
Projected Columbus Blue Jackets Line Combinations:
Scott Hartnell- Ryan Johansen- Nick Foligno
Matt Calvert- Boone Jenner- Jack Skille
Brian Gibbons- Artem Anisimov- Cam Atkinson
Corey Tropp- Alexander Wennberg- Jared Boll
Dalton Prout- Jack Johnson
Jordan Leopold- David Savard
Kevin Connauton- James Wisniewski
Healthy Scratches: Adam Cracknell, Tim Erixon
Columbus Blue Jackets: Fedor Tyutin (lower body), Brandon Dubinsky (abdomen), Ryan Murray (knee), Cody Goloubef (leg), Mark Letestu (groin), Nathan Horton (back)
Winnipeg Jets: Tobias Enstrom (lower body)