When: Friday, January 16th, 2015
Time: 7:30 p.m. CST
Where: United Center, Chicago, Illinois
Records: Winnipeg Jets (23-14-8, 54 points, 5th in West), Chicago Blackhawks (28-13-2, 58 points, 3rd in West)
Television/Radio: TSN3, CSN-CH/ TSN 1290 Radio
On the Horizon: Sunday, January 18th, 2015 at home against the Arizona Coyotes (6:00 p.m. CST)
Last Game: 2-1 win over the Dallas Stars
Winnipeg Jets: Andrew Ladd (16 goals, 20 assists, 36 points), Bryan Little (16 goals, 18 assists, 34 points), Blake Wheeler (12 goals, 21 assists, 33 points), Dustin Byfuglien (11 goals, 17 assists, 28 points), Mathieu Perreault (15 goals, 14 assists, 29 points)
Chicago Blackhawks: Patrick Kane (20 goals, 27 assists, 47 points), Jonathan Toews (13 goals, 25 assists, 38 points), Marian Hossa (9 goals, 22 assists, 31 points), Brandon Saad (12 goals, 16 assists, 28 points), Kris Versteeg (9 goals, 18 assists, 27 points)
Game Day Notes:
– The Jets are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games.
– Jets Road Record: 13-5-5
– The Jets are 17-6-5 this season when they score the first goal of a game.
– Chicago is 6-4-0 in their last 10 games.
– Winnipeg has already defeated the Blackhawks twice this year, both in Chicago (1-0 on November 2nd and 5-1 on December 23rd). This is the third of five meetings between the two clubs this year.
-The Blackhawks have had four days off leading up to tonight’s game. Prior to the break, Chicago played five games in eight days.
– As per Brian Munz of TSN 1290 Radio, Michael Hutchinson is expected to start in net for the Jets tonight. In 19 games this season, Hutchinson is 12-4-2 with a .931 Save Percentage and a 2.00 Goals Against Average.
– There aren’t expected to be any line-up changes for the Jets tonight.
– Red Hot: Jets forward Mathieu Perreault is on a five game points streak (six goals, three assists). Perreault has 23 points (14 goals, 10 assists) in the last 20 games.
– Also Red Hot: Michael Frolik is on a four game points streak (one goals, four assists).
– Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba is nearing a return to the line-up. Trouba has been out of the line-up since December 16th with an upper body injury. Trouba won’t play tonight but Coach Paul Maurice said he could be back close to the All-Star Break (January 24-25). Trouba practised with the team yesterday in a normal jersey but he has not yet been cleared for contact.
– The Blackhawks average 3.00 goals for/game, 7th in the NHL.
– The Blackhawks average 2.19 goals against/game, 2nd in NHL.
– Chicago has the best goal differential in the NHL (+39)
– According to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, Corey Crawford is expected to start in net for the Blackhawks tonight. In 27 games this season, Crawford is 17-8-2 with a 2.15 Goals Against Average and .924 Save Percentage.
– According to Scott Powers of ESPNChicago, Kris Vertseeg (hand) is still four weeks away from returning to the line-up.
– Defenseman Duncan Keith leads all Blackhawks in ice time, averaging 25:57 of ice time per game.
– Hawks Top Face-off Guy: Jonathan Toews (55.3%)
– Jets Top Face-off Guy: Jim Slater (56.8%)
Special Teams Breakdown:
– Chicago PP (18.5%, 14th in NHL), Chicago PK (89.2%, 1st in NHL)
– Winnipeg PP (17.5%, 20th in NHL), Winnipeg PK (83.4%, 9th in NHL)
Projected Winnipeg Jets Line Combinations:
Andrew Ladd- Bryan Little- Blake Wheeler
Mathieu Perreault- Mark Scheifele- Michael Frolik
Evander Kane- Adam Lowry-Matt Halischuk
Chris Thorburn- Jim Slater- Anthony Peluso
Dustin Byfuglien- Ben Chiarot
Tobias Enstrom- Zach Bogosian
Jay Harrison- Mark Stuart
Healthy Scratches: Adam Pardy, Paul Postma, TJ Galiardi
Projected Chicago Blackhawks Line Combinations:
Brandon Saad- Jonathan Toews- Marian Hossa
Bryan Bickell- Brad Richards- Patrick Kane
Patrick Sharp- Andrew Shaw- Teuvo Teravainen
Daniel Carcillo- Marcus Kruger- Ben Smith
Duncan Keith – Brent Seabrook
Niklas Hjalmarsson – Johnny Oduya
Michal Rozsival- David Rundblad
Chicago Blackhawks: Kris Versteeg (hand), Trevor van Riemsdyk (knee), Alex Broadhurst (arm)
Winnipeg Jets: Jacob Trouba (upper body, IR), Grant Clitsome (back surgery, indefinitely)