After the Jets practiced on Thursday in Sunrise we learned that they will be getting their captain back as Blake Wheeler has been listed as playing by both himself and interim head coach Dave Lowry. Lowry did indicate that Jansen Harkins will be a game-time decision althought he qualified that by saying he will most likely play.
If Harkins is good to go then Mikey Eyssimont is most likely to come out of the lineup but we will have to wait and see how things look at morning skate.
Netminder Connor Hellebucyk is going through his starting routine as per Mitchell Clinton of JetsTV. He provides the lines here. We knew based on yesterday’s practice that Blake Wheeler would be back and Jansen Harkins, who was a game-time decision, appears ready to return to the lineup for the first time since April 2nd. Mikey Eyssimont comes out as expected as does Adam Brooks.
Jets interim head coach Dave Lowry confirms that Jansen Harkins is playing tonight.
Jets projected lines & D pairs:
The odds are not in the Jets favour this evening according to our friends at Betway and that shouldn’t be a big surprise given the Panthers are red-hot having gone 9-1-0 in their last 10 games. Be sure to check out the latest game day odds from Betway.
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) What does he remember about his time in Florida?
2) How proud is he about seeing the success the Panthers are having as alumni?
3) Challenging for the Stanley Cup with Florida in 1995-96.
4) Memories of Mike Bossy.
5) What is the legacy Mike Bossy will leave behind?
6) Does Mike Bossy’s legacy get “lost” with the guys of that era?
7) How does he compare this Panthers team to one he was on that went to Cup Final?
8) Not letting their guard down against Florida.
Puck drop is at 6 pm CST. Be sure to head over to illegalcurve.com following the game for a recap of the action which includes post-game interviews from Jets players as well as from interim head coach Dave Lowry.
You can also join us afterwards for the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show. (be sure to smash that like/subscribe button).