The Jets clutched defeat from the hands of victory as two late goals gave the Wild a 3-2 win and Winnipeg fell to 37-22-4 on the season. Still haven’t beaten Minnesota this season.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Just about midway through the 1st the Jets took a 1-0 lead after Laine set up Scheifele (31st goal of season);
– That’s how the 1st would end with the Jets holding a 1-0 lead and a 13-12.
– Brad Hunt with the writer from the blueline tied it up for the Wild on the power play;
– Seconds later Ben Chiarot made a nifty move and banked a shot off Laine (29th) to give the Jets a 2-1 lead;
– Wild outshot the Jets 14-9 in the middle frame to hold a 26-22 shot edge but Wpg held a 2-1 lead after 40.
– It looked like the Jets would hold on for the regulation win but Tyler Myers took a penalty late in the 3rd;
– The Wild tied the game with 1:27 left in the final frame on the power play;
– And then to the shock of the Bell MTS Place crowd the visitors took a 3-2 lead 26 seconds later;
– A late power play (39.3 seconds left) wasn’t enough and the home side lost 3-2.
Coach Maurice: On the conclusion of that game. On the traffic in front. Thoughts on the debuts for the new Jets players. On the forwards coming back to help the D. On communication between forwards and D. Play of Ben Chiarot. Did anything catch his attention from the forward lines?
The Jets are off tomorrow and will return to practice on Thursday as they get ready to face off against the Predators on Friday to wrap up this two-game homestand. Start your day with the AM Jets papers which go live at 7 am on illegalcurve.com.