The Jets are now 35-16-9 with the 4-3 loss to the Kings. They have a 23-6-2 record at Bell MTS Place which included going 6-3-1 during this ten game home stand.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Jets had a 6-1 shot lead already and then the Kings took back to back penalties to give the Jets a 5 on 3;
– Blake Wheeler scored his 17th of the season from Byfuglien and Laine to open the scoring for the Jets;
– The Jets held a 16-5 edge after 20 minutes;
– The middle frame favoured the visitors for the most part as they outshot the Jets by the same margin of 16-5;
– Kings added two power play goals to take a lead;
– Dustin Byfuglien tied it up late when his blast from the point deflected off Kopitar’s stick;
– Assists to Tyler Myers and Jack Roslovic;
– The 3rd period saw both teams get chances but the Jets failed to clear the puck and the Kings took a 3-2 lead;
– Defensive miscue cost the Jets and the Kings took a two goal lead;
– Late in the 3rd Patrik Laine’s 28th brought the Jets to within one;
– But it wasn’t enough as the Jets failed to comeback.
– Blake Wheeler had a goal & assist;
– Patrik Laine had a goal & assist;
– Dustin Byfuglien had a goal & assist.