It was just one of those nights for the Jets as they beat the Canucks 4-0 which is the 10th win in a row for Winnipeg over Vancouver. With the victory the Jets improve to 25-18-4, end their six game winless streak at home and move back into a playoff spot.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from the game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Kyle Connor 2G 1A;
– Patrik Laine 2A;
– Sami Niku picked up his first point of the season (game 5);
– Carl Dahlstrom also picked up first point (game 15).
Connor Hellebuyck didn’t know he had become the Thrashers/Jets all-time franchise leaders in shutouts passing Ondrej Pavelec with his 18th tonight.
Dmitry Kulikov has the flu according to coach Maurice.
Carl Dahlstrom left the game and didn’t return being ruled out by Jets PR as dealing with an upper-body injury. Following the game the Jets bench boss indicated “Carl’s going to get checked out tomorrow but this one is not going to be short term. I know that already. I’ll give you more detail the day after tomorrow but this is not day to day.”
The Jets were scheduled to practice tomorrow but have cancelled so instead they will be back on the ice on Thursday. You can kick start your Wednesday with the AM Jets papers which go live at 7 am on illegalcurve.com.
Latest posts by David Minuk (see all)
- TSN hockey insider Darren Dreger chats about Winnipeg Jets plan ahead of trade deadline, Dustin Byfuglien situation, Paul Maurice status and more - January 23, 2020
- Winnipeg Jets reassign three players to the Manitoba Moose ahead of NHL All-Star & Player break - January 23, 2020
- Winnipeg Jets Morning Papers - January 23, 2020