After two days of practice the Jets are ready to get back into game action with a showdown against the Leafs who sit four points ahead of Winnipeg in the standings (with Toronto having played one more game).
The Jets made a five player swap between the taxi squad and the Moose which will help get some guys from the taxi squad their first games of the season (in either league).
According to Mitchell Clinton of JetsTV it is an optional skate featuring:
Defencemen: Morrissey, Pionk, Benn, Heinola, Stanley, Niku
Forwards: Wheeler, Scheifele, Copp, Appleton, Harkins, Vesalainen
Goalies: Brossoit and Comrie.
For now the projected lineup is based on practice from yesterday.
Jets projected lines & D pairs:
Leafs projected lines & D pairs:
Courtesy of Mark Masters of TSN here is how things are looking for Toronto.
Foligno – Matthews – Marner
Galchenyuk – Tavares – Nylander
Mikheyev – Kerfoot – Simmonds
Thornton – Brooks – Spezza
Rielly – Brodie
Muzzin – Holl
Sandin – Dermott
Players media availability:
Coach media availability:
1. Loosening restrictions for mental health vs competitive balance.
2. Does it feel like a heavier 45 games in than it normally would?
3. Making goalie decisions.
4. Getting matchups.
5. Preparing for game eight of series with Leafs and still getting to know the opposition.
6. Guys looking out for each other during this unique season.
7. Do the Leafs missing players change his gameplan for matchups?
8. Has he noticed a change in the intensity as the regular season winds down?
9. Do people understand the hardship players/coaches are going through?
Puck drop is at 6:00 pm CDT. Be sure to head over to illegalcurve.com following the game for a recap of the action which includes post-game interviews from Jets players as well as from head coach Paul Maurice. You can also join us afterwards for our post-game show here (be sure to smash that like/subscribe button).