Jets goalie Laurent Brossoit made 43 saves and backstopped the Jets to a 4-1 victory. A well-earned 1st star nomination for the goaltender who continues his dream season. Winnipeg is now 30-14-2 this season.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– A pretty even opening 20 minutes of the game but neither side could crack the other;
– In the 2nd the Golden Knights came out to play but so did Laurent Brossoit who made 26 saves in the period;
– At the other end Kyle Connor opened the scoring shorthanded with a beauty move to make it 1-0;
– Mathieu Perreault had a wicked steal at the Vegas blueline and the beat Fleury to make it 2-0;
– Shots were 36-16 for Vegas after 40 minutes;
– The Golden Knights got one back when Pirri deflected a puck past Brossoit just a minute into the 3rd;
– It remained close but Kyle Connor put home an empty netter to make it 3-1;
– For extra emphasis Mark Scheifele added another empty netter to make it 4-1.
– Kyle Connor scored his 17th & 18th goals of the season;
– Mathieu Perreault scored his 10th goal of the season;
– Mark Scheifele tied Patrik Laine for the team lead in goals with 25;
– Blake Wheeler got his 50th and 51st assists of the season (third time in his career for hitting 50);
– Laurent Brossoit is 10-0-1 as a starting goalie;
– Brossoit’s 26 saves in the 2nd period set a Jets record for most in a period (as per NHL PR);
– Bryan Little played in his 800th NHL game.
Multi Point Game:
– Blake Wheeler 2A (50, 51)
– Mark Scheifele 1G (25) 1A (33)
– Kyle Connor 2G (17, 18)
The Jets are scheduled to practice at Bell MTS Place on Wednesday at 12 noon ahead of the final two games in Nashville on Thursday and Dallas on Saturday. Be sure to start your day with the AM papers at 7 am on illegalcurve.com and we will have a Practice Report on site as well.