The Jets with the unexpected comeback win over a desperate Ducks team 4-3 in OT which improved their record to 29-14-2 this season.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Ducks opened the scoring early on a weird goal which deflected in off Ben Chiarot’s skate;
– Included three quality chances for Winnipeg shorthanded (on same Ducks PP) as Scheifele, Tanev & Connor all had chances;
– Jets continued to control most of the play in the opening frame but couldn’t solve Gibson;
– The Ducks got another one as Rickard Rakell made it a 2-0 game for the visitors;
– Winnipeg was awarded a late power play and Blake Wheeler brought the home side within one with 1 minutes left in the 1st;
– Period 1 ends with the Ducks up 2-1 and a shot edge for the Jets of 11-7.
– Patrik Laine got the monkey off his back as he tied the game off a nifty pass from Bryan Little
– But 13 minutes later Cogliano took a shot that Hellebuyck should have stopped to restore the lead for the visitors;
– Wasn’t looking good for the Jets but Ben Chairot fired one at the net that was deflected past Gibson to tie the game
– Off to OT where both teams had chances to win it.
– Ultimately both Jacob Trouba and Bryan Little had cracks at the game winner and Little put it home.
– Josh Morrissey tied his career high in points with 26 that he set last season (in 38 less games);
– Patirk Laine took the team goal scoring lead with his 25th.
Multi Point Game:
– Bryan Little 1G (10) 1A (17)
The Jets are scheduled to practice at Bell MTS Place on Monday as they get ready to face the Golden Knights here on Tuesday to conclude the three-game home stand. Be sure to start your day with the AM papers at 7 am on illegalcurve.com.