The Jets close out 2019 in style with a 7-4 win over the Avalanche to improve to 22-15-3 on the season.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from the game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Mark Scheifele with 1G 3A;
– Kyle Connor with 3G (18,19, 20)
– Connor leads team in goals;
– Jack Roslovic with 3A (8,9,10);
– Blake Wheeler with 2G 1A;
– It was game 900 for Wheeler;
– Nikolaj Ehlers with 1G 2A;
– Neal Pionk with 2A;
– Pionk now one off career high in points (25 in 40 GP, last year 26 in 73GP);
– Connor Hellebuyck made 39 saves for the win.
— Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) January 1, 2020
Topics: Assessment of the game. Redemption story for Kyle Connor after the penalty. Play of the second line. Setting the tone at the start of each period. What does it mean for Jack Roslovic to give up the empty net goal to Wheeler. Wheeler playing in his 900th game. Status of Poolman. After the Blues games, winning against a good Avs team. Being three points back of Colorado instead of seven. Kyle Connor having 41 goals in the calendar year and whether he is in a zone?
The Jets are scheduled to practice on Wednesday in Winnipeg as they get ready to face the Leafs for their first game at home of 2020. You can kick start your day with the Morning Papers which go live tomorrow at 7 am on illegalcurve.com.