The Jets kicked off this four-game road trip with a 6-3 win against the Canucks on Monday but that was quickly forgotten after they gave up five 1st period goals against the Flames and ultimately lost 6-3 to Calgary. They are now 12-6-2 on the season.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Jets stunk in the opening 20 minutes of the game;
– Connor Hellebuyck was pulled after giving up 3 goals on 9 shots;
– this is the first time in regular season Hellebuyck has been pulled since November 10th, 2017.
– Jets gave up five in the 1st;
– As you’d expect the Jets pressured in the middle frame outshooting the Flames 17-3;
– Wpg had three straight PPs in the 2nd and as the last one ended Patrik Laine scored to make it 5-2;
– 3rd period begins with good pressure and Patrik Laine scoring his 2nd of game, this time on the PP, 5-3
– 90 seconds later the Jets made it a one goal game..or did they. The Little goal is called off for goalie interference;
– Jets just couldn’t get within one and a Flames empty netter ended the contest.
– Patrik Laine scored twice for the 16th multi goal game of his career
– Laine took the team lead for goals with his 12th and 13th of the season;
– It was the first regulation loss for the Jets since they lost to the Panthers in Finland (November 2nd).
Coach Maurice: His thoughts on the 1st period. What was the explanation of the disallowed goal? Is it possible that the early Jets goal caused the team to loosen up? His thoughts on the first 1/4 of the season. On the growth in the team. Does he think the disallowed goal should have counted?
All audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.
The Jets head to Minnesota for a game against the Wild on Friday. They have a day off on Thursday.