The Jets kicked off this four-game road trip with a 6-3 win against the Canucks and are now 12-5-2 on the season.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Bryan Little scored “unassisted” 1:13 into the 1st as the Jets dominated this game to start;
– While Little’s goal was unassisted, Patrik Laine was instrumental in setting up the goal;
– Mark Scheifele’s goal was just a goal scorer going to the net and finding a loose puck;
– Jets PP continues to fire on all cylinders as Kyle Connor finished off a Scheifele kick pass;
– Jets outshot the Canucks 23-7 in the first 20 minutes and held a 3-1 lead.
– Patrik Laine ripped home a nice drop pass by Kyle Connor to give the Jets a three goal lead;
– Jets got burnt by a shorthanded goal from Kyle Connor’s former Wolverine teammate Tyler Motte;
– Followed by another Canucks goal after a Tyler Myers turnover to make it a one goal game (4-3 for Wpg);
– Shots were 10-9 for Winnipeg giving them a 33-16 edge after 40 minutes.
– It was a bit of a nail biter for the Jets until Patrik Laine gave the Jets some breathing room with a beauty;
– He followed that up with an empty netter to complete the hat trick and put this one in the bag;
– Shots this period were 16-9 for the Jets and they finished up 49-25 in favour of Winnipeg.
– Kyle Connor had a goal (10) and three assists (8, 9, 10);
– Kyle Connor’s 10th goal of the season gave him a five-game point streak (4G 3A);
– Patrik Laine had three goals (9, 10, 11)
– Patrik Laine now has 2 hat tricks this season and six in his career (Jets have 14 since relocation);
– Mark Scheifele had a goal (11) and assist (11);
– Bryan Little had a goal (4) and assist (5);
– Jets 2nd line of Connor-Little-Laine finished with nine points in the win;
– Connor Hellebuyck made 22 saves for his fifth win in his last six starts.
From NHL Public Relations:
20-year-old Patrik Laine scored his 6th career hat trick (174 GP).
Only one player in NHL history scored more hat tricks before his 21st birthday: Wayne Gretzky had 12 (in 210 GP).
Coach Maurice: Production out of the 2nd line. Relief for Laine getting some even strength goals. How did he feel the group responded after they gave up two goals quickly to make it 4-3? Was it a matter of “learning how to win”? On having a big shot edge after the 1st but only being up a goal. On the Pettersson power play goal. On the young Canucks and whether they look like the Jets from a few years ago.
All audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.
Jets are scheduled to practice on Tuesday at 3 pm in Calgary as they get ready for a Wednesday night date with the Flames at Scotiabank Saddledome.