The Jets are 3-0-1 to end this four-game home stand as they are now 11-5-2 on the season after the 2-1 shootout loss to the Sabres.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Jets had a few good chances in the opening period but Carter Hutton played well;
– At one point it was 10-1 for the Jets in shots and it ended 12-4 but scoreless after 20 minutes;
– Kyle Connor buried a perfect pass from Patrik Laine to open the scoring in the middle frame;
– Good chances but Hutton played a strong game and kept the puck out of his net in the 2nd;
– Buffalo evened the shots 20-20 after the reversed the 1st period shots 12-4 for the visitors;
– Early in the 3rd the Sabres tied it up on the power play;
– Both teams had chances but no goals meant OT followed by more no goals meaning a shootout.
– Sabres got the final goal and won it in a shootout.
– Kyle Connor now has 9 goals on the season (1 behind Scheifele for team goal scoring lead)
– Connor is on a four game point streak with 3G 2A;
– Jets went 17 minutes without a shot;
– Laurent Brossoit suffers his first defeat but made 30 saves in the SO loss.
Jets have the day off on Saturday. They are scheduled to practice on Sunday before heading out on a four game road trip.