This week’s IllegalCurve.com Radio Show is available to listen to/download by clicking here.
- The Devils have had their share of injuries this year, but Jacques Lemaire is confident in the team’s youngsters who have filled in. Could the Devils have had a better start to this season?
- Michael Obernauer explains why the Rangers demoted Matt Gilroy. According to Larry Brooks, the Rangers recently offered prospect defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti to Phoenix for Peter Mueller.
- The Flyers may be in the market for a goalie, but Brian Boucher isn’t the problem right now. Could Jaroslav Halak be a Flyers target?
- “A game-winner in Montreal is special,” said Pascal Dupuis after scoring in the third period last night at the Bell Centre. Alex Goligoski returned to the lineup last night. Martin Skoula was a healthy scratch last night.
- Tuukka Rask continues to prove to the Leafs that the organization should never have let him go, writes Fluto Shinzawa. Phil Kessel’s two games in Boston this season remind many Bruins fans why the team let him go. Claude Julien called an important timeout and it worked quite well.
- Hometown friends and Buffalo natives Patrick Kane and Tim Kennedy will face-off tonight. Tyler Myers clearly has the confidence of the Sabres coaching staff.
- The Habs weren’t victorious last night but they are making progress in certain areas, explains Pat Hickey. Here is a feature on the off-ice struggles of former Habs tough guy Chris Nilan.
- Brian Elliot won the battle of backup goalies last night in Philadelphia, as the former 9th round pick shutout Philadelphia. Whether he is on the Olympic team or not, Mike Fisher is going to get a chance to run with the Olympic torch. Earl McRae of the Ottawa Sun tries to analyze Alexei Kovalev.
- Phil Kessel was unable to find any room to move with Zdeno Chara matched up against him, writes Paul Hunter of the Toronto Star. The Bruins and Leafs have developed a very interesting rivalry.
- Will Maxim Afinogenov’s presence in Atlanta be enough to keep Ilya Kovachuk as a Thrasher? Prospect Artus Kurda is close to making his way onto the Thrashers roster.
- Scott Clemmensen gets to return to New Jersey tonight, the place where he established himself as an NHL netminder. “I don’t believe something you can practice or you can coach,” said Peter DeBoer about the shootout.
- Ryan Malone is more likely than Steven Stamkos to play tonight for the Lightning. The Bolts are just happy the injuries aren’t as bad as initially anticipated.
- Good news out of Washington, as Mike Knuble may return to the lineup tonight.
If you are looking for a holiday gift and want to support IllegalCurve, take a look at our touques that can be purchased for only $9.99 plus shipping. Also, if you want to add IllegalCurve on Twitter, click here.