The Jets made a trade last night that seemed to catch most folks unaware when they dealt two 2nd round picks (2022, 2023) to the Capitals for defenceman Brenden Dillon who has three years left on his four year deal he signed with Washington. The BC product spoke today for the first time as a member of the Jets organization.
1) What has the last 12-15 hours been like?
2) What he is bringing to the Jets.
3) What Jets connections does he have?
4) Does it become any less jarring when you’ve been traded previously?
5) Importance of having big, strong Dmen for playoff runs.
6) How well does he know Paul Stastny and his thoughts on playing with him?
7) Was there any inkling that this might happen and when did he find out?
8) What do teams do to prepare you for the transition to a new city?
9) What was the calibre of the guys in the beer league game last night?