After Colorado product Mikey Eyssimont and Kings 5th rounder in 2016 spent his first three years of his pro career in the L.A. organization playing for the Reign in the AHL he signed a two-year deal with the Jets back in April of 2021. Considering he played junior hockey in North Dakota with the Fargo Force and three years of college in Minnesota with St. Cloud perhaps playing in this region agrees with him as he had his most productive year as a pro producing 18 goals and 24 assists for 42 points in 58 games which were all career highs. He finished the season as the top points producer on Manitoba.
He mentioned in his media availability that one of the reasons he signed with the Jets was opportunity and he got that with his first ever NHL game when Winnipeg called him up to play against the Canadiens in Montreal.
1. How does he assess the year as a whole?
2. Playing in his first NHL game.
3. Has he ever been on a team like this before?
4. What stands out about head coach Mark Morrison?
5. What makes him one of a kind?
6. Reflecting on his decision to sign a two-year deal with Winnipeg.
7. How hard has the last 48 hours been?
8. Why is Cole Maier so valuable?
9. What Jeff Malott does so well.
10. Does he watch hockey after his season ends?
11. What are his plans for the summer?