Illegal Curve would like to wish a happy birthday to Goon, our guest blogger, and a happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian readers. Oh, and happy Columbus Day if anyone cares.
- There will be no Big Ten College hockey league, leaving Ohio State looking for a place to choke on big games. Too bad. The rivalries would have been great.
- John Kreiser takes a look at 5 off to a good start, and 5 off to a bad start.
- Goon’s World has the updated USA Today college hockey poll, with Miami holding on to top spot. Anyone think it will last the season?
- A little more from NHL.com, as they have a preview of Team Russia’s entry for the 2010 Olympics.
- Mark Messier discusses the Messier Project (a new helmet) with SB Nation. Bet ya can’t wear just one?
- The Colonel, blogging over at OGA, discusses his reasons for the parity in the NHL.
- The third installment of Psycho Lady Hockey’s season-opening trip to Pittsburgh. Sounds like a good trip, except for the ghosts.