- INCH’s A-Z of college hockey is up to M, as in Jake Marto of the University of North Dakota. He is a smooth skating defender who quietly plays a lot of minutes for the Sioux.
- An article on new Nebraska-Omaha head coach, Dean Blais. (H/T to Goon’s World). Watch for Blais to build the team into a powerhouse in short order.
- Igor Larionov discusses the KHL.
- On Goal Analysis has an excellent plan to grow the game of hockey in Hawaii. Count Illegal Curve in.
- Psycho Lady talks hockey tv shows and why Hamilton is called small market on the small screen.
- Sports Business Journal has a ranking of the top minor league sports cities in the US, some of which are hockey fueled towns.
- Coming Down the Pipe does a little forecasting, and predicts 5 players who may be helping Canada win gold in 2014. Also check out the article below, which discusses the Brandon Wheat Kings and the elite players they are trying to acquire. If the Wheaties do pick up Ness, Schwartz and Rajala, they will be extremely difficult to beat.
Afternoon Delight: In Soviet Russia, KHL Discusses You (Alternate Title: Searching for a Hockey Birth Certificate in Hawaii)
Your daily collection of links from the blogosphere and beyond.