Some mid afternoon hockey news:
- Edward Fraser is not happy with his fellow The Hockey News bloggers for their season predicitions of the Wings and he doesn’t think they shouldn’t be clipping their Wings just yet. I agree. The team was 1 win away from the Cup. Sure they lost Hossa, Hudler, Samuelsson and Kopecky but this team still has Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Franzen and a good cast of young guns/mixed with veterans. I expect them to be in contention next season.
- Apparently an empty arena in Phoenix may be better than a local bid says James Mirtle over at From the Rink. I hate accounting so the numbers tend to blur but at the same time it is interesting to see that not having a team play there could save the city of Glendale money.
- From the Hockey Wilderness we get some concrete ways in which to debunk some of the rampant rumours floating around. Again it comes down to looking at the numbers and seeing what is possible against the Cap.
- Flamesnation is discussing Alex Tanguay and how the plot thickens. Wonder if he can ever get back to the type of player he was just a few seasons ago.
- In Dany Heatley news the Sens Chirp says here we go again. What would we do without a daily dose of news regarding Dany Heatley or the Phoenix Coyotes. I guess we can thank them for making this one of the most memorable summers of hockey.