- Taking Note has a couple of neat stories about the legend of Ernie McLean. Read them here and here. Thats some story. Good to hear he is ok.
- Maple Leaf Gardens will play host to the CBC reality series, Battle of the Blades. I can’t imagine this is going over well in Hell, as reports indicate that Harold Ballard is so upset he cancelled his weekly bridge game with Stalin, Che and Mao.
- A roller derby for NHL owners and prospective owners? I would prefer this over Battle of the Blades.
- Hockee Night discusses the possibiltiy of Chelios going to the Leafs, and what he may or may not be able to bring to a team. He makes a good point. The returns are diminished in terms of what Chelios can offer.
- Coming Down the Pipe has an update on some Oiler prospects. Hopefully Rajala’s injury is not too serious.
- Flyers Goal Scored By wonders why Mike Knuble didn’t get an invite to the Team USA Camp. I think its time for Team USA to turn the page. I like the look of their young core.
- In the wake of Matt Frattin’s dismissal from the UND Fighting Sioux, the team has added forward Corban Knight from the AJHL. Sounds like he is physically ready.
Afternoon Delight: All Set
Your daily dose of links from around the blogosphere and beyond.