The Jets were off on Super Bowl Sunday following a win on Saturday night against the Penguins. They have a few days of practice coming up as they prepare to face the Sharks on Wednesday night. While they were off yesterday they did make a move to put Dominic Toninato on waivers.
The likely reason is that David Gustafsson, who has been practicing in a regular uniform for some time, is ready to come off injured reserve, There’s an outside chance they send Gustafsson to the Moose on a conditioning assignment given he hasn’t played an NHL game since December 22nd.
All are present and accounted for including David Gustafsson in a regular jersey.
Waiver move to make room:
Rick Bowness confirms the move to put Dominic Toninato on waivers (Update: he cleared) was to make room for David Gustafsson to come off IR. “We have to make a spot there.” The Jets bench boss was also asked if Gustafsson, who hasn’t played since December 22, might head to the Moose on a conditioning assignment. “That will be discussed at some point”.
Update: That point was shortly after practice when the Jets announced Gustafsson would head to Manitoba for conditioning purposes.
Lines and D pairs :
1) His thoughts on types of goals scored into an empty net?
2) What is he looking for in the game vs SJ to be playing complete game? (:44)
3) When was last game they played as close to a full 60? (1:48)
4) Benefits of reminder when they get away from playing their game (2:32)
5) Putting Dominic Toninato on waivers/taking David Gustafsson off IR (3:57)
6) What kind of reports is he getting on Ville Heinola from Moose? (4:14)
7) What is biggest challenge for a player when everyone else has played 50? (5:01)
8) Why doesn’t he want to play Cole Perfetti on the right side? (5:45)
9) When Nikolaj Ehlers goes to top line it just clicks (6:23)
The Jets have another day of practice tomorrow in Winnipeg. Start your Tuesday with all the latest Jets and Moose news in the AM Papers on illegalcurve.com which are available starting at 7 AM CST, check back for the Practice Report and then stick with us throughout the day for updates.