The Jets hit the ice for a rare second straight day of practice before they take off for Edmonton and one day ahead of a Trade Deadline that feels both monumental and anticlimactic. The questions marks surround the status of Pierre-Luc Dubois and Mason Appleton, both of whom did not participate in yesterday’s skate.
No Pierre-Luc Dubois or Mason Appleton today at practice.
The team announced that they have recalled Axel Jonsson-Fjallby on an emergency basis and put Mason Appleton on IR.
Lines and D pairs:
Axel Jonsson-Fjallby rotating in.
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Updates on Mason Appleton and Pierre-Luc Dubois.
2) Challenges in trying to stop McDavid & Draisaitl (:44)
3) Being a five player effort to shut down 97 (1:51)
4) Rick of focusing too much on 97 (2:41)
5) Does PK need to adjust to a PP that plays full 2 minutes (3:19)
6) Playing Morgan Barron at centre (4:26)
7) Is David Gustafsson an option to play? (4:51)
8) How does Ekholm change the Oilers? (5:08)
9) How have Oilers changed under Jay Woodcroft? (5:44)
Head coach Rick Bowness noted that they are hopeful that Mason Appleton will be back for Monday. He also said Pierre-Luc Dubois skated on his own and he is traveling with team. He added that he is doubtful for Friday and hopeful for Saturday.
We start a brand new month of contests with 15 opportunities to enter and win the IC contest for authentic Jets merch. You can enter here.
The Jets leave today for Edmonton as they prepare to take on the Oilers tomorrow night. Be sure start your morning with the Morning Papers which go live at 7 AM and then check back for the Practice Report.