It’s been almost ten days since the last time the Jets hit the ice for a practice. They are drawing closer and closer to the All-Star Break which means two more games in Winnipeg but after last night’s 3-2 loss to the Sabres they are looking to get back on track.
As per Scott Billeck of the Winnipeg Sun a few faces missing from today’s skate including Nikolaj Ehlers, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Dylan DeMelo and Connor Hellebuyck.
Lines & D pairs:
Stanley/Samberg/Capobianco rotating together.
Head coach Rick Bowness indicated in his media availability (as per Scott) that the guys missing were simply for maintenance as players deal with bumps and bruises.
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Alarm bell time?
2) Any ideas from the players what’s doing? (1:59)
3) Importance of ‘pace’ (3:06)
4) Impact of the influx of skill into lineup (4:17)
5) Hard league to win in (5:17)
6) Are there systemic issues or does this team need time off? (6:21)
7) Importance of the All-Star break getting guys rest/recovered (7:34)
8) Status of players not skating? (7:48)
9) Making mental mistakes due to fatigue (8:29)
Jets merch contest:
We are almost done January there are still some opportunities left to enter and win the IC contest for authentic Jets merch and a grand prize of an NHL game of your choice. You can enter here.
The Jets take on the Flyers tomorrow in Winnipeg. Be sure start your morning with the Morning Papers which go live at 7 AM, join us on the Illegal Curve Hockey Show at 9 AM, stick with us throughout the day for the latest news and then after the game be part of the conversation on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show after the Winnipeg/Philadelphia game.