The Jets took Wednesday off but are back in business today with a practice as they prepare to face the Bruins here in Winnipeg on Friday night.
Fresh off a game with the Moose last night in Abbotsford, BC the team has announced the recall of Ville Heinola on an emergency basis.
Word came from Darren Dreger the other day that the injury that Andrew Copp sustained on Sunday in St. Louis, which held him out of the game against the Golden Knights on Tuesday, wasn’t expected to be too significant and that the expectation was he would be a player on Friday. Mitchell Clinton of JetsTV reporting this morning that Copp is in a regular uniform for today’s skate.
According to Mitchell, Copp will return to the third line alongside Lowry and Svechnikov. The lines and D pairs below are via him as well.
Lines and D pairs:
Players media availabilities:
Coach media availability:
1) Good news on Andrew Copp
2) With trade deadline upcoming, has the team done enough to quash trade talk? (:49)
3) How important is not losing Andrew Copp for this group down the stretch? (1:13)
4) Can he put his finger on why the team hasn’t been able to put together a win streak (1:56)
5) Is there a sense of momentum right now? (2:35)
6) What is his approach to the days leading up to the deadline? (2:49)
7) Does it help having guys in the room who have dealt with this? (3:34)
8) How did he handle trade deadline as a player? (4:21)
9) Changes to the penalty kill (4:52)
10) All the shorthanded goals they’ve been scoring lately (5:57)
11) What is the biggest difference in concussions now then when he was a player? (6:48)
Jets take on the Bruins tomorrow night as they look to make it three wins in a row.
You can start your day with the Morning Papers which go live on illegalcurve.com at 7 AM, stick with us throughout the day for updates and then join the conversation on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show.