The Jets have gone 2-1-0 so far on this four-game homestand including back-to-back wins over the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday followed by the Seattle Kraken last night and are looking to end things on a high note against the Edmonton Oilers tomorrow afternoon.
It is a big game for both teams as the Oilers sit five points up on the Jets but find themselves within striking distance of top spot in the Pacific (The Calgary Flames currently hold down the top spot).
There are some question marks for the local NHL club with Andrew Copp missing the game yesterday after taking a blindside hit on Wednesday against the Wild and then they lost Cole Perfetti in the 3rd period of last night’s game against the Kraken courtesy of a Jamie Oleksiak hit.
The Jets activated David Gustafsson from LTIR and reassigned him to the Moose. Manitoba is back in action on Sunday.
The Jets also claimed Winnipegger Adam Brooks off waivers from the Leafs.
No formal skate this morning. Some players are skating but not many.
As per Scott Billeck of the Winnipeg Sun it will be a day-to-day designation for Andrew Copp with an upper-body injury and Cole Perfetti was labelled as also having an upper-body injury which will be a little longer than day-to-day.
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Updates on Andrew Copp and Cole Perfetti?
2) Job done by Kristian Reichel when he moved up (:36)
3) Using the timeout to give his 1st pp unit a breather (1:08)
4) What he is seeing from Edmonton since coaching change? (1:42)
5) Assignment of David Gustafsson to the Moose (2:19)
6) Status of Nikolaj Ehlers? (2:54)
7) Updates on Dylan Samberg and CJ Suess (3:13)
8) Improved play since the All-Star break (4:11)
9) Team not getting despondent when they get down (5:02)
10) What does he need to see from Evgeny Svechnikov? (5:43)
11) Pierre-Luc Dubois both taking and drawing a lot of minors (6:57)
12) PLD among league leaders in high-danger scoring chance at 5 on 5 (7:58)
13) Did Kristian Vesalainen do the types of things he needs to do last night? (8:43)
The Jets conclude this homestand tomorrow afternoon against the Oilers. You can start your day with the Morning Papers which go live on illegalcurve.com at 7 AM, then join us for the Illegal Curve Hockey Show at 9 AM, stick with us throughout the day for updates and then join the conversation on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show.