The Jets are coming off a disappointing shootout loss last night against a Blues team they dominated for most of the game. Questions remain about the health of Paul Stastny who didn’t play last night as well as Mark Scheifele and Nikolaj Ehlers, even those the latter two played last game.
As per Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet the aforementioned players with questions marks surrounding them are not skating today including Mark Scheifele, Nikolaj Ehlers and Paul Stastny. Wieber provides the lines and D pairs with the players on the ice for practice.
Line rushes and D pairs:
Players media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Latest on Scheifele, Ehlers and Stastny?
2) What does he hope to see with Lowry on the wing? (:50)
3) Is he anticipating teams dealing with them differently on the road now? (1:32)
4) Neal Pionk getting points in different ways this season. (2:37)
5) Was there something about Brenden Dillion’s game that pairs well with Pionk? (3:30)
6) Thoughts on Pionk’s spin-o-rama last night? (4:15)
7) On Adam Lowry being hard on himself (5:25)
8) What is a conversation like when a player makes a play that he doesn’t want them to make? (6:22)
9) What is the Jets level of comfort in the defensive zone? (7:27)
10) Configuration of his players for OT (8:31)
Jets bench boss said the following about the trio of missing players:
Mark Scheifele: “was good. He got through the game. He’s good. We just want to give him a little more healing time.”
Nikolaj Ehlers: “Nikky’s under the weather but he’s not in the protocol.”
Paul Stastny: “Stas is better today. It’s day-to-day. If he throws his boot on tomorrow and feels like he can go we’ll let him go. We’ll just wait.”
The Jets homestand will continue tomorrow night against the Sharks. Start your Thursday with the morning papers at 7 AM, stay with us throughout the day for the latest news and then join us on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show following the final buzzer.