Final day of practice in Winnipeg for the Jets as they get ready to kick start their playoff series with the Oilers. Plenty of question marks remain on the health front (Copp, Dubois and Ehlers) in advance of game 1 on Wednesday night.
As per Mitchell Clinton of JetsTV forwards Andrew Copp and Nikolaj Ehlers remain in non-contact jerseys today. Mitch also provides the lines and D pairs at practice.
Lines & D pairs:
1) Potential to use Kristian Vesalainen on the right side of 2nd line.
2) Update he can provide on the health of his players.
3) Do they need to gameplan differently?
4) On the McDavid phenomenon.
5) Will Pierre-Luc Dubois and Nikolaj Ehlers be on the plane to Edmonton?
6) How physical does he expect this series to be and do they need to set the tone?
7) Not putting too much stock in the regular season.
8) What is the secret to defending Connor McDavid?
9) Barrie/Nurse coming out behind McDavid.
Following skate the Jets will head off to Edmonton where they take on the Oilers tomorrow night. Puck drop is at 8 PM CT. Be sure to keep it locked to illegalcurve.com for the AM Papers which go live at 7 AM CT and join us after the game on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show.
We are hosting an end of season Manitoba Moose roundtable on Tuesday at 5 PM on our IC YouTube channel. Confirmed guests include Manitoba GM Craig Heisinger and head coach Pascal Vincent as well as Dylan Samberg (Jets 2017 2nd rounder), Johnny Kovacevic (Jets 2017 3rd rounder) and Jeff Malott (led Moose in goals and tied for AHL rookie goal scoring lead). You can join us here.