After last night’s 4-3 OT loss to the Leafs in Toronto the Jets were scheduled to hold a practice today at 11 AM CST.
According to Jets bench boss Paul Maurice they didn’t want guys hitting the ice, preferring them to get some rest. He did say they wanted Laurent Brossoit to get on the ice in order for him to stay sharp. He spoke to figuring out this “new normal”. He said he’d prefer the guys to be outside in the sun for an hour rather than be on the ice for an hour saying they’ve been in the hotel and rink exclusively. Added they are trying to figure out different ways to recover both mentally and physically.
1. His assessment on Logan Stanley?
2. What makes it so difficult to defend the slot?
3. On the Leafs generating quality chances.
4. What does practice look like today?
5. Eliminating high-danger chances.
6. Has he spoke to other coaches on approaching this season?
7. Finding balance in a game plan.
8. Do players play casual b/c they know Hellebuyck will make a stop?
9. What has the additions of veterans done for the Leafs?
The Jets will conclude this road trip tomorrow night against the Leafs. Be sure to keep it locked to illegalcurve.com for the AM Papers which go live at 7 AM CT and the Illegal Curve Hockey Show at 9 AM CT.