The Jets will put game one in their rearview mirror as they forget the fact they’ve got a 1-0 series lead and change their focus to game 2 tomorrow night in Edmonton. The health question marks remain for Pierre-Luc Dubois and Nikolaj Ehlers who both missed the last game. Of course Winnipeg head coach Paul Maurice is in his playoff cone of silence when it comes to injuries so the only indicator will likely be when they shed their non-contact jerseys.
Nikolaj Ehlers and Pierre-Luc Dubois both skated today at the Jets optional skate. They wore non-contact uniforms but head coach Paul Maurice qualifies that doesn’t mean much. Said the two extra days off have been a benefit. Said they could be options for game 2.
Interestingly both TSN and Sportsnet folks in Edmonton tweeted photos of PLD wearing a regular uniform.
1) When the organization signs Thompson, Lewis & Toninato prior to season, was that with playoffs in mind?
2) What does it do for the room when guys like Thompson, Toninato and Stanley are contributing?
3) Update on Ehlers/Dubois?
4) On Poolman being more active.
5) Did Ehlers/Dubois skate and were they wearing non-contact uniforms?
6) The idea of the team not panicking and being able to get through it.
7) What would he need to see from PLD to get into a game tomorrow?
8) Does the message change when he’s on the road after winning first game?
Following skate the Jets play their second game in Edmonton where they take on the Oilers tomorrow night. Puck drop is at 8 PM CT. Be sure to keep it locked to illegalcurve.com for the AM Papers which go live at 7 AM CT and join us after the game on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show.