In the 10 years he has been general manager of the Winnipeg Jets franchise no trade will earn him greater scrutiny than today’s blockbuster deal of Patrik Laine and Jack Roslovic to Columbus for Pierre Luc Dubois and a 3rd round pick in 2022.
1. How did the deal come together and why Pierre Luc Dubois as the return?
2. Why he felt it was necessary to trade Patrik Laine?
3. Is this gonna be a hard to trade to evaluate?
4. Risks for trading for players who are close to being UFAs!
5. What led to this?
6. How hard it was to deal Patrik Laine?
7. What has he learned about PLD from his dad Eric Dubois (Moose assistant coach)?
8. On the way things ended in Columbus for Pierre Luc Dubois.
9. On the failure of the organization in not retaining Patrik Laine.
10. Have they dealt for a player they think they can sign long-term?
11. When can they try to get Pierre Luc Dubois signed to an extension?
12. Did Patrik Laine get the opportunity to be the best player he could be?
13. Did any of their assessment from 2016 impact this decision?
14. How soon is he hoping to get Pierre Luc Dubois to Winnipeg?
15. What is the quarantine situation for Pierre Luc Dubois?