Coach Maurice – Some of the things that he has thought about for last 12-15 hours. Update on Mathieu Perreault. Status of Connor Hellebuyck? Any noteworthy calls last night? On the payoff and the impact it can have on the team. On protecting players by not playing them against Calgary. Nice to remove the need to win on Saturday? Does he try to rest players when he can afford to? Is there a concern that the team may now feel like there is a “sense of accomplishment” and that they’ve could get complacent? Does he think back to the letter he received from coach Noel? Growth of the hockey club. Mentality of this team heading into tomorrow’s game against Calgary. Will Enstrom play tomorow? Is Pavelec playing tomorrow? Balance sitting Pavelec with the break before his next game? Will Copp play tomorrow? If Copp does play what does he expect from him?
Audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.
– “Happy for two groups. The players worked so darn hard. You need a payoff for that. Happy for people who have been here”.
– “Mathieu Perreault won’t play tomorrow. Says it is nothing sinister or long term. Will see how he is.”
– “Connor Hellebuyck will backup tomorrow afternoon against the Flames.”
– “I’m going to take the guys out who I think can be better by not playing”
– “A fair number of players are coming out of the lineup tomorrow……but we will have a better chance to win”
– “I’m not resting anybody. The guys who are healthy will play.”
– “My job was pretty clear. Come in put in a structure so we can evaluate what we have. And we are still doing that now”.
– “We have 3 exceptional captains (Ladd, Wheeler & Stuart). Those 3 guys in practices and games don’t take any time off”
– “I think the building will be excited. That will be good for us.”