Jets captain Blake Wheeler along with Jamie Benn (Stars), Gabriel Landeskog (Avalanche) and Zach Parise (Wild) spoke today on a conference call about three weeks after the NHL hit the pause button on the 2019-20 season.
Quite a bit covered in this one. Here are some of the Jets points from Wheeler or about Wheeler from the other guys on the call:
– Said Jets are staying together via group chat. Says team is spread out. Said they tried a team Facetime but it was a mess.
– On what he liked about the way the team was playing this season: Spoke about injuries/health. “Our goalie was playing out of his mind. Helle gave us a chance….” Said team was trending in the right direction.
– Zach Parise on what he doesn’t miss playing against Blake Wheeler “Every time the guy comes to Minnesota I feel like he gets points.
– Jamie Benn on Blake Wheeler. “I think I ask (Wheeler) to fight every game we play.” Wheeler jokingly responded that it happened 20 times in one game.
– Landeskog complimented Blake Wheeler’s playmaking ability.
– On who he would most want to and least want to be quarantined with: Most: Luca Sbisa Least: Jack Roslovic (loves him but talks a lot, says his apartment isn’t clean). Sounds like Mark Scheifele is also close to making this list due to music selection.
– on a message to the fans recognizes that folks in Manitoba have done a good job from the outset taking this pandemic seriously. Recognizes the hard work being done by medical professionals here in Manitoba.